RIS Roofing can help repair or replace virtually any flat roof. Our trained and experienced staff can help you by diagnosing any problems you may have, and then offering honest advice and a clear, written quote to carry out any work required. On completion of any works you will provided with a written guarantee to cover all our materials and workmanship, for flat roof replacements you will also be issued with a 10 Year Insurance Backed Guarantee for even greater peace-of-mind.
Our staff are trained and experienced in many different methods of flat roofing, these include:
‘Torch-On Felt Roofing’ – One of the traditional methods of flat roofing and still one of the most common in use today, torched-on felt roofing is still widely used for both repair and replacement of flat roofs. Many flat roofs on structures such as:
Will have there roofs covered with ‘torch-on’ felt – this system is also sometimes known as ‘built-up’ felt roofing. Our staff are fully trained and experienced in the use of torched on mineral felt – both for repairs and replacement flat roofing – and will ensure that the whole roof, including edges and features, is fully sealed and water-tight.
Rubber EPDM – Rubber EPDM roof coverings are a more modern flat roofing material which offer greater benefits than traditional felt roofing, including:
- Greater Durability and Longer Life – Rubber roof membranes are designed to withstand everything the weather can throw at us, with greater resistance to UV light, heat, cold, frost and water, rubber roofing materials have a life expectancy far longer than felt roofing and can come with guarantees of over 20 years.
- Greater Flexibility – Unlike mineral felt and other traditional methods of flat roofing, rubber roof coverings remain flexible even at low temperatures and offer greater elongation to accommodate any movement within the roof structure.
- Applied Without Heat or Flames – Rubber roof membranes are applied using a cold-applied adhesive and, unlike torch-on felt, don’t require and heat or flames to install.
- Fewer Joints or Weak Spots – Rubber roof coverings come in large, seamless sheets rather than smaller rolls, meaning most roofs can be covered without the need for joints – these are generally weak spots in traditional roofing methods.
GRP Fibreglass Roofing – GRP fibreglass roofing is applied directly to OSB roof coverings and is carried out by installing a base resin and fibreglass matting to the structure, once part-cured the top coat can be applied to provide the finishing touches. As this roofing system is applied mainly as a resin, it provides the ideal solution for virtually any size or shape of roof or structure – even where complex shapes are involved. GRP fibreglass roofing has many benefits for flat roofing, including:
- Very tough and durable material that is laid without any seams or weak spots
- Excellent guarantees – up to 50 years
- Easily repaired, extended or replaced
- Lightweight and quick to install
- Easily applied, even to complex shapes and structures
Alwitra Flat Roofing Solutions – Alwitra supply superior solutions for flat roof coverings, used worldwide on commercial and domestic properties for many years and proven to provide long-lasting protection. The Alwitra flat roofing roofing system has at its core three main single-ply waterproofing membranes, and we would be happy to advise you which product would be most suitable for your application. Alwitra can offer you many benefits, including:
- Widely recognised as the leading quality brand in the market
- Covered by warranties of up to 20 years for waterproofing
- Consistently out-performs other flat roofing materials
- Fully compatible with bitumen and can be used to overlay existing felt roofs
- Life expectancy in excess of 30 years
- Resistant to root, moss and algae growth
If you would like some advice, or a free written quotation, on your flat roof feel free to give us a call on 0161 7458480